1. Teach them how to cook. The sooner they learn the better.
2. Help them create the habit of preparing a meal everyday. Breakfast tends to be the easiest and is also good for anyone with a restricted diet to get used to eat right after waking up.
- Not just coffee but food that will help them get through the day if they can’t find safe food to ear.
- Chicken nuggets, hamburgers, sandwiches and smoothies are quite good in the morning.
2. Practice, Practice, Practice…
- Make them responsible for putting together their school lunch box.
- Buy a counter top small electric grill they can easily carry inside a bag. Have them cook simple meals at least once a week while still at home.
- Small electrical blenders made out of metal and plastic that are sold for making healthy shakes like the one called nutrition bullet are great for getting used to making/drinking smoothies.